First Time in Seattle? Go Here, Here, and Here
Let’s face it: without a guide, Seattle can be intimidating.
In famous cities with crazy amounts of things to do, it can be easy to get overwhelmed.
Sometimes, you can get so bogged down with potential things to do that you end up gravitating towards the familiar.
Got 20 different restaurant recommendations?
“Screw it, I’m just getting McDonalds.”
We would strongly encourage you not to fall for it.
Don’t fall into the trap of the familiar.
Instead, take a deep breath, take the plunge, and seek out what makes us unique.
We’ve made an easy guide of our favorite spots.
Because there’s nothing memorable about the beaten path.
BEST OF BELLTOWN
Just North of The State Hotel is the neighborhood known as Belltown, full of indie boutiques, cafes and a solid music scene.
- Visit the Amazon Spheres and General Porpoise for amazing coffee and donuts
- Check out punk record store Singles Going Steady
- Grab dinner at No Anchor
- Catch a show at Can Can, Showbox, or The Crocodile
- End the night with PBR and Pinball at Shorty’s
AROUND THE WORLD IN SEATTLE
Get a taste of Seattle’s history and culture with this eclectic combo.
- Shop at Uwajimaya for unique gifts and goods
- Eat Peking Duck and Pork Belly at Kau Kau BBQ
- Sip a Bubble Tea at Seattle Best Tea
- Share some dumplings at Szechuan Noodle Bowl
- Sing karaoke at Jade Garden
Here’s where we head on our nights off.
- List Restaurant for a $20 happy hour bottle of wine and special menu of champagne cocktails
- Sonya’s for well-poured and well-priced drinks
- The Lady Bartender at Smith Mercantile if you can find one of the roughly twelve seats available
- Zig Zag, always packed with locals
PERUSE PIONEER SQUARE
Meander your way to one of Seattle’s original neighborhoods.
- Walk through the Sculpture Park on Elliot Bay
- Ride Seattle’s Great Wheel
- Take Bill Spiedel’s Underground Tour
- Eat Mexican food at Copal
- Have swanky cocktails at Smith Tower
- Have stiff cocktails at Damn the Weather
BREWS AND VIEWS
The Northwest is home to some of the best craft beer so get out there and drink some. Here are some of our favorites, within a few blocks of The State.